Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH are delighted to announce the introduction of a brand new Pioneer AV receiver, the VSX-1131. Incorporating Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object based audio formats*1 plus many other new and innovative features including MCACC*2 Pioneer’s unique automatic sound adjustment technology, now with enhanced support for Dolby Atmos ‘enabled’ speakers, support for the latest network functions including GoogleCast*3, TuneIn, Deezer*3and TIDAL*3, a new dual band Wi-Fi connection, a new 384kHz/32 bit DAC and support for a new Multi-room Audio*4 capability that allows sources connected to the AV receiver to be played back on additional speakers*5 in different rooms. There is a brand new GUI and support for HDCP 2.2, HDR*6/BT.2020*7.
- Powerful Sound
– A 7.1-channel receiver with 160 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven)
- New DAC
– Incorporates a high grade 384kHz/32bit DAC (AK4458) produced by AMK which offers clear, delicate audio reproduction thanks to a unique digital filter which achieves extremely low distortion.
- MCACC – Create the ideal acoustic environment for surround sound
– Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios creates the ideal acoustic environment. With a custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalizes response. A professionally EQ’d audio environment is then created enabling faithful reproduction of the original master sound.
– A brand new feature ‘Reflex Optimizer’ enhances object-based audio reproduction specifically aimed at users of upward firing Dolby Atmos ‘Enabled’ Speakers.
- Phase Control
– As an innovative solution for phase lag between the subwoofer and main L+R speakers, Phase Control compensates the delayed bass to improve sound synchronization. Consequently, it makes LFE more dynamic and achieves clear reproduction of sound in the mid and high frequency bands.
- Dolby Atmos & DTS:X support*8
– The latest object-based audio formats, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X are both supported. This technology utilizes object based data as opposed to traditional channel based data and creates a three dimensional soundscape in the room utilizing height based audio information in addition to the traditional horizontal based audio that is offered by channel based solutions. DTS:X will be supported through a free to download firmware update.
- UltraHD (4K) and HDR compatibility
– VSX-1131 supports 4K/60p/4:4:4 24-bit video signal transmission with HDCP 2.2 technology, ensuring compatibility with the many upcoming UltraHD(4K)sources and televisions.
– In addition, VSX-1131 is also ready for the next generation HDR (High Dynamic Range) and BT.2020*6 video standards.
– ‘Super Resolution’ Ultra-high-resolution 4K upscaling technologies have been incorporated to upscale ‘standard’ HD-quality content to the quality of a 4K video signal.
– Included for the very first time in a Pioneer AV Receiver.The VSX-1131 has Google Cast, the same technology behind Chromecast built-in, so you can use your mobile device to cast your favorite music, radio, or podcasts to your speaker. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Cast-enabled apps running on your personal device—iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook. Discover apps at g.co/cast/audioapps.
- Multi-room Audio
– Another exciting first for the VSX-1131 is support for FireConnect™ Powered by Blackfire*4 via an upcoming firmware update. FireConnect enables any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—to be sent wirelessly to a compatible speaker placed anywhere in the home. Stable, fast, and easily controlled, it’s the smart way to set audio free.
- Internet Radio and Online Music
– A limitless flow of music, sports, talk, and news entertainment from internet radio stations and online music services, including, Spotify® and for the first time TuneIn, TIDAL, and Deezer
- Built-in Dual Band Wi-Fi®*9 and Bluetooth® wireless technologies
– high-fidelity high-resolution sound sources can be enjoyed wirelessly through a Wi-Fi connection that supports dual band 5GHz (11a/n) and 2.4GHz (11b/g/n) offering faster transmission with fewer interruptions,
– Music can also be streamed simply and easily via the integration of wireless Bluetooth® .
- Hi-Res Audio Support
– 192kHz / 24-bit high-resolution FLAC, WAV, AIFF and Apple lossless file formats are supported, along with DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) *10 files.
- Uncompressed HD audio
– VSX-1131 supports various high-definition audio formats including Dolby® TrueHD® and DTS-HD®
- Other features
– Powered Zone 2
– Zone 2 Line Out
– iControlAV5 compatible
– AirPlay compatible
– Supports HDMI®-based control functions